16 June, 2011

Pre-Departure Syndrome

Hello all,
I would like to inform you that I am suffering from PDS--Pre-Departure Syndrome. Here are my symptoms:
  • Not wanting to pack. I figure I'm going to forget something important anyways so I'm not going to pack at all. If you stare at it long enough, you'll find the logic.
  • Realizing there is less time left than anticipated. All school year it was.. well, a school year away. 16 days is a lot less than that. So many things to do!!!
  • Thinking that things that should have been done months ago have not yet been done and freaking the heck out. i.e., Last night I wasn't sure if I had checked if I needed to renew my passport. The next available appointment to do so would have been on July 2nd--my date of departure. (No worries, turns out all is well).
  • Worrying things will not nearly be as exciting as I've built up in my head. I'm broke, broke people can't have fun in England. Again, stare at it for the logic.
  • Lastly, I am sick--I didn't get sick once all school year. My bod has perfect timing,
The worst possible symptom is not wanting to go at all, but I don't think I will reach that level. Suggested medication involve watching the Harry Potter 7 trailer, having multiple goodbye parties, and practicing British accent. I'll be cured in no time (:

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it will all work out great! You're going to have a brilliant time over there. I hope you feel better quick!

    ReplyDelete