20 August, 2011

The Amount of Epic in this Post Cannot be Titled

I usually don't blog about a specific day (I usually don't blog at all...), BUT yesterday was indescribable. So I just have to describe it.

4:00: Finally go to sleep after a long, pointless but lovely talk with some great friends in their kitchen. Why? Who knows coughsotipsycough. But I got an intense massage out of it!!

8:10: Snooze.
8:20: Snooze.
....

8:50 FINE I'LL GET UP. fml. Wake up still sore from working out afew days ago, and walking into a table.

9:40 Buy group (of 4) discount ticket to London with three people I don't really know and don't care to know. I just wanted a cheap ticket because that's all the money I had left anyways.

12:00ish Ello London!! Everyone off to their own places. I need to go pick up the money my aunt transferred to me in Western London and then I'm visiting Wimbledon!!

12:20 Find out that for some reason my ticket says Aug. 22nd instead of the 19th therefore cannot be used today. When I try to exchange it, I can't because it's a group ticket so I need the rest of the group. I have no idea where this said group is. I can't call them because 1) Don't know them and 2) I'm out of money in my phone.

12:23 Realization that I'm stuck in London alone and moneyless. Keep calm and carry on??

12:26 Ask the info person how one would go to Nottinghill Gate (where my money was transferred to). He tells me to take the bus which costs £2.20.

12:30 Realize I have approximately £0.50 in my wallet. o___O

12:35 Ask some guy in a map store to direct me to Nottinghill. The quickest way? A 2-hr walk.

12:37 I sadly commence my 2-hr walk with my bag of cookies in my purse and the motto to keep calm no matter what. Because I have no choice.

12:42 Ask the info lady at the entrance of Hyde Park for directions again. When she asks why I'm making a two-hour walk and tell her my sitch. She proceeds to give me £2 pounds for the bus. God bless her!!!!!!!

13:00 Arrive at Nottinghill Gate, get my money, add money to my phone. Life is good again.

13:30 Decide to take the bus all the way to Wimbledon because I like adventures. Annnd don't want to buy another train ticket.

14:00 Among my many bus transfers across London (even though my bus ticket was apparently for one journey only), I stop in South Kensington (sp?) where there is a Natural Science museum. Free admission? Sure, why not!

15:00 Buy some food from a fake Subway, and I'm off to Wimbledon!

16:15 Arrive in the beautiful little town that is Wimbledon. I expected some majestic place but it's as if someone took a normal town, like in the country where I used to live in NorCal, and then placed an epic tennis tournament off on the side of it. I decided to walk to the courts so I could take it all in.

16:45 WIMBLEDON COURTS!!!... close in 15 minutes. :'( The tour is closed but the shop is still open. So I rush in and buy some souvenirs for my dad and "uncle"(we call him uncle but he's just family friend).
17:15 Take the train back to central London (it's only £4 from where I was) where it all started. I'm planning to go home until I arrive and remember that some friends where planning to go watch Wicked. I'm exhausted as heck, but sure why not?

18:00 Buy last-minute Wicked tickets for only £22.50!! Which is even cheaper than how much they got it for hours earlier.

19:30 Watch the most amazing musical EVER.
22:30 Still don't want to buy a train ticket home. Try my chances again with the one that says the wrong date and... get through!

0:00 I'm homeee. Holy cheeses, whattaday. Skype mom to wish her a happy anniversary and give her a quick summary of my day.

1:00 I needs sleep.


Days like this are why I never want to go home. But I have to in 7days ):


1 comment:

  1. :O What an epic day! Sad to go home though, but at least you'll have some amazing memories.

    ReplyDelete