28 August, 2011

Bitter and Sweet. Like Chocolate.

And here I am, in the Americas. It's crazy. It's weird. It's bitter (oh so bitter), but it's also sweet.
I'm actually not in the States yet, but I'm somewhere hovering over the waters (when I wrote this, I'm now posting it while at home because I don't have Wifi in mid-air...). I should be landing in about 6hrs, methinks?

First, let's talk about how bitter this is, in random order:
-Living on my own. No chores? No rules? It's not like I'm the ultimate rebel but I did enjoy my independence.
- Midnight Kebab or Burger King or whatever else we could get at such a strange time.
- Although I disliked how far the bathroom was, I actually enjoyed having a sink in my room. It's a strange but useful perk.
- London trips!!! That place is so amazing, the fun really never ends.
- Easy transportation. Yes, nothing like waiting for half an hour in the freezing cold for the N25 at 2am. Worth every minute.
- British accents. After a while I didn't even notice them anymore, but rather got annoyed by American accents being so bland. As of right now, the stewardesses still are Brits, but the moment I land it's gonna be all LIKE OMG.
- Following people with RED SHIRTS!!! aka our super, duper, lovely tour guides. *cough* Especially Tom and Becky *cough*
- Brighton! I've lived/visited many places in my short lifetime, and Brighton is so far my absolute favorite. You want the country? You want the beach? You want the nightlife? Or just good ole English beauty? IT'S GOT IT ALL.
- Having my roomed cleaned weekly. Yup.
- Constant outings/discoveries aka SHENANIGANS aka bad ideas that nobody bothered to stop from happening.
- Taking over the karaokeeee every Tuesday.
- Being considered over 18 rather than under 21.
- TEAM SUSSEXY. I love them all so. freakin'. much. They were the bow tie at the end of the present that was England. Everyone I met in general has been wonderful and I will probably continue the friendships; but these guys live all over the place and although we plan on remaining in contact by passing a letter around the world (like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants but without the pants), I know it'll be difficult to see each other again and the mere thought breaks my heart.
- I've left England with a burned palm, a burned tongue, injured fingers, injured abdomen, an empty bank account and guesss what? COMPLETELY WORTH IT. Because I also left with a whole basket of wonderful new friends, new experiences, and yes, a new person (no silly, I didn't bring anyone, I am the new person XD).

Of course, there is some sweetness awaiting at the end of this:
- I remember leaving my family like it was 2 months ago, and I miss them dearly.
- I've brought a bunch of people back a bunch of great little knick knacks (and tales, so many tales) that I can't wait to share.
- In n Out and PANDA EXPRESS and Taco Bell!!!! Omfg.
- My own bathroom that doesn't look like it's been attacked by chewbacca.
- Mi madre's homecooking. Or just not needing to stand up and cook for myself every freakin' time I'm hungry. I like independence, but I also like free food xD
- Disneyland trips
- Mis amigos (:
- Beaches with sand? Yes. And sunshine? Heck yes.
- Work! It's so weird, I really missed work! Then again, my job is to roll around in sandboxes with a bunch of toddlers--you'd miss it too. That and I enjoy filling my bank account.
- Driving--THE CORRECT WAY. I wonder if I still know how.
- No fire alarms every other week, 6 times a day.

So, yeah, I don't know what to say anymore. I'm afraid my laptop might short circuit if I flood it with tears :'( This may or may not be my last entry on this subject, we'll see. If it is, thank you for reading and following me through an epictastic journey. Yay!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite an amazing experience! I love the Chewbacca reference. XD

    ReplyDelete